The building (pictured right) in Wellington Street, Waterloo was built in 1878 and housed just over 200 children in 1900. There was an Infants’ school on Oxford Rd, which may have belonged to St Thomas RC or St John’s CE. The school has now moved to new buildings in Denmark St and has its own website.
Above: the old school building is now used for a playgroup.
Left - circa 1912. The girl at the front with the bunches is Pam’s grandmother Miriam Esther Dean