This parish was formed out of the district of St Oswalds, Old Swan. There had been a temporary chapel on the site from 1871 - this was converted to a school for infants when the new church of Our Lady of Good Help opened in May 1887. At one time, the headteacher at one time was Joe COGHLAN, whose brother was parish priest at St Oswand’s. He went on to be Head at St Sylvester’s in Everton.
A new building (right) was erected in the 1970s