Millwood opened as separate schools, Infants in January 1954 and Juniors in August of the same year. They amalgamated in 1990. In the beginning, Mrs TURNER (Headmistress of the Infants) had a staff of ‘active reserve’ teachers: Miss SMITH, Miss PRITCHARD, Miss BURMAN, Miss HAYHURST, Miss CLAYTON, Miss JONES, Mrs BESWICK and Mrs JONES. There was also a Miss JARVIS, but she was withdrawn before the fend of the first week. Miss SLEGGS joined the staff in February.
In the Spring, the managers appointed Mrs JOHNSON, Miss CLAYTON and Miss BURMAN on a permanent basis, and Senior Assistant Miss L A SMITH commenced duties.