Above: a photo of the school from about 1967, from Liverpool Record Office.
The school opened in the late 1890s, and was located between Copeland St and Cochrane St, according to Gore’s Directory. The school had a plunge bath, drill rooms and cookery rooms and ran evening classes too. Lesley still has her nan’s reference (right - Amy HAWORTH (later SELBY) and Sandra still has her mother’s pupil report card (above right Alice HARRISON). They both sounds like a model pupils!
Head in 1920 was A C HUTCHINSON; in 1937 it was N HODGE.
The Infants closed in 1970, when they amalgamated with Steers St to form Everton Park Infants. The Juniors followed suit in 1975. The head at the time, Mr W E LOVIBOND, went to Everton Park Primary.
See the Mersey Gateway site for more images.