Ellergreen was built on the new estate of Norris Green in the early 1930s.
Mrs G KEMP passed for Ellergreen Technical Commercial High School in 1948 and was one of the original 90 pupils of the new school (forms 1A, 1B,1C). Uniforms were dark green and silver. It was NOT a comprehensive at the time.
During the 1950s, Mavis CAMPBELL attended, traveling an hour each way from Garston because as a Secondary Commercial College, shorthand and typing were taught on top of the normal subjects. Mavis sent in this class photograph from the 1950s, enhanced by Brian REYNOLDS.
Back row: ?? ?? ?? ?? Ian SCOTT; Ian CLEMENTS
Middle row: ?? ?? Barbara POTTLE; Maria WELCH; Barbara MADDIGAN; Joyce BARLOW; ?? ?? John McGEE
Front row: Diana GREEN; Mavis CAMPBELL; Catherine CAIN; Josephine COSTELLO; Mr JONES; Pauline JOHNSON; Ann DAVENPORT; Margaret KNEEN; Yvonne JONES; Marjorie SCOTT